MMS Parents' Association
The MMS Parents’ Association (PA) aims to celebrate our community, support our families, and offer our parents and guardians a variety of ways to take an active part in the life of our school. This group is actively involved in the community with the purpose of connecting parents, guardians and teachers, and supporting student and teacher-led initiatives, and improving student learning within and beyond the school.
The PA is comprised of 5 elected roles by the parents and guardians of MMS – these roles are collectively known as the PA Leadership Team.
The PA Leadership Team works together developing initiatives to:
- Support families on their journey at MMS.
- Promote social connection and a strong sense of community.
- Motivate our community to become involved in school life for the benefit of students
- Provide information on how our community can help support each other and our rich School environment.
All parents and guardians of MMS students are automatically members of the PA and are encouraged to get involved in volunteering at MMS, including in PA initiatives.
Nominations to be a member of the PA Leadership Team are held in Term 3 each year and open to all MMS parents and guardians. Please see information below about the nomination process.
The MMS PA helps to run events, organise social gatherings and fundraise for the school. The key initiatives include:
- Welcome new families to MMS
- Social networking
- Conducting and supporting fundraising activities for the benefit of MMS and the community
- MMS Speaker Series bringing together leading educational thinkers to promote informed discussions about current areas of interest in parenting and education
- Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and Grandparent’s Day celebrations
- Annual fundraising events
- ‘Thank You’ event for our teachers, staff and volunteers
- Open Day
As a community school, MMS relies on parent and caregiver involvement across the junior and senior school – from the Directors on the MMS Board and Foundation, Classroom Representatives, as well as the PA. Our community is our strength and one of our greatest assets.
The PA offers parents and guardians the opportunity to:
- Contribute to your child/children schooling experience and memories
- Demonstrate to your child/children the importance of everyone contributing to the community and that our school and its community is something that we truly value.
- Be part of a team that helps to shape our school now and into the future.
HOW can parents and caregivers contribute?
Parents and caregivers are encouraged to volunteer at MMS as a rewarding way of contributing to the MMS community. Opportunities to be involved in the school community are available through the following MMS Volunteer registration platform:
"When our children attend MMS, we all become part of the school community. Friendships are formed, stories are shared, and our children’s memories of their school years stays with them forever."
If you would like to get in contact, feel free to reach out to the PA via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
MMS Parents' Association Nominations
Parents’ Association (PA) Nominations are held every year to appoint the five PA Leadership Team members.
All nominations are opened in Term 3 each year.