Melbourne Montessori School (MMS) is committed to providing opportunities for students who would otherwise not have access to an independent Montessori education. The MMS Scholarship program offers scholarships, all means-tested, to support current and prospective students and reflects our commitment to an inclusive and diverse community.
Melbourne Montessori Schools Scholarships 2022:
- MMS Bursaries are available for students whose families are facing financial hardship and require fee relief to continue attending school.
- The MMS Montessorian Scholarship is awarded to a prospective student entering our Senior School Years 7 to 11.
Applicants must demonstrate sound academic ability and embody the Montessori values of self-respect, acceptance of the uniqueness and dignity of the individual, kindness, peacefulness, compassion, empathy, honour, individual responsibility, and courage to speak from the heart.
- Current and prospective students who would otherwise not have access to an independent Montessori education due to financial constraints and/or are from historically disadvantaged cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander.
- Currently at Melbourne Montessori School, or attending another School/Centre, with the student in the primary or secondary years.
- Australian citizens and permanent Australian residents, within the meaning of the Australian Citizenship Act 1948.
Applicants must complete the Melbourne Montessori School Scholarship application form and return it with the required supporting documentation on or before the closing date.
Each student requires an individual application, including families with multiple children. The applicant’s family must show intent to keep the child/ren enrolled at Melbourne Montessori School for the duration of the scholarship.
Completed applications to be sent to Emma Amory, MMS School Registrar and Community Engagement Manager (email@example.com).
Eligible applicants will be shortlisted for an interview with the MMS Principal based on a written application which addresses the selection criteria, relevant references, and most recent school reports.
Applications Open: 11 October 2021
Applications Close: 31 October 2021
Principal Interviews: 13 – 17 November 2021
Notification Date: week 29 November 2021
Student Commences: Term 1, 2022
Specific supporting documentation is required to complete the application, but not limited to, each scholarship:
- Recent School Reports and NAPLAN result
- Financial documentation to support means-test criteria
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency, within the meaning of the Australian Citizenship Act 1948
Scholarships are awarded on merit, based on the selection criteria and interview with the MMS Principal. An interview with the MMS Principal does not indicate that a scholarship will be offered.
Scholarship recipients must maintain strict confidence in accordance with the MMS Privacy and Confidentiality Policy.
Scholarship offers are made in writing and require the successful applicant to agree to the following terms & conditions:
- Accept the Melbourne Montessori School Terms and Conditions of Enrolment.
- Have read and understood the Terms of Business and Tuition Fee Schedule and agree to abide by these and any regulations in force at the School
- Agree to pay promptly all fees and other money due to the School.
- If there is more than one applicant, each is bound by the Terms and Conditions of Enrolment, including joint and several liability for payment of fees.
- Scholarships are awarded on the understanding the student reflects the school’s values and to the best of their ability maintains high standards across their studies and engagement in School activities.
Please note: as part of your application submission, you will also need to submit a Financial Statement (click to download).