Melbourne Montessori School (MMS) and the MMS Foundation are committed to providing opportunities for students who would otherwise not have access to an independent Montessori education and reflects our commitment to an inclusive and diverse community. The MMS Scholarship program offers scholarships, all means-tested, to support current and prospective students.
The following Scholarships are available in 2024:
- MMS Bursaries are available for students whose families are facing financial hardship and require fee relief to continue attending Melbourne Montessori School.
- The MMS Montessorian Scholarship is awarded to a prospective student entering our Senior School Years 7 to 11 (full and partial fee options available). This scholarship is open to existing MMS families and prospective families.
- The MMS Senior School Scholarship is a full-fee scholarship awarded to an MMS Junior School student who, for financial reasons, is unable to continue their education at the MMS Senior School. This scholarship is awarded in honour of our previous long-serving Principal Gay Wales.
Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to their academic studies and embody the Montessori values of self-respect, acceptance of the uniqueness and dignity of the individual, kindness, peacefulness, compassion, empathy, honour, individual responsibility, and courage to speak from the heart.
- Current and prospective students who would otherwise not have access to an independent Montessori education due to financial constraints and/or are from historically disadvantaged cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander.
- Currently at Melbourne Montessori School, or attending another School/Centre, with the student in the primary or secondary years.
- Australian citizens and permanent Australian residents, within the meaning of the Australian Citizenship Act 1948
- Must submit the relevant MMS Scholarship Fund application form
- Must submit documents required as part of the application process
Applicants must complete the Melbourne Montessori School Scholarship application form and return it with the required supporting documentation on or before the closing date.
Each student requires an individual application, including families with multiple children. The applicant’s family must show intent to keep the child/ren enrolled at Melbourne Montessori School for the duration of the scholarship.
Completed applications to be sent to the MMS School Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Eligible applicants will be shortlisted for an interview with the MMS Principal based on a written application which addresses the selection criteria, relevant references, and most recent school reports. For external families only, the applicant will also be required to successfully take part in a trial of the MMS Senior School prior to a scholarship being awarded.
- Applications Open: 26 April 2023
- Applications Close: 16 July 2023, 5 pm
- Interviews & trials: 31 July – 11 August 2023
- Notification Date: 28 August 2023
- Student Commences: Term 1, 2024
Please note: this timeline is subject to our business regulations, policies and procedures, which can change at any time without notice. The School reserves the right to adjust the above timeline at any time.
Specific supporting documentation is required to complete the application, but not limited to, each scholarship:
- Recent School Reports and NAPLAN results
- Financial documentation to support means-test criteria
- Australian citizenship permanent residency, within the meaning of the Australian Citizenship Act 1948.
Scholarships are awarded on merit, based on the selection criteria and interview with the MMS Principal. An interview with the MMS Principal does not indicate that a scholarship will be offered.
Scholarship recipients must maintain strict confidence in accordance with the MMS Privacy and Confidentiality Policy.
Scholarship offers are made in writing and require the successful applicant’s parents/guardians. Parents/guardians are required to agree to the following terms & conditions:
- Accept the Melbourne Montessori School Terms and Conditions of Enrolment.
- Have read and understood the Terms of Business and Tuition Fee Schedule and agree to abide by these and any regulations in force at the school
- Agree to pay promptly all fees and other money due to the school.
- If there is more than one applicant, each is bound by the Terms and Conditions of Enrolment, including joint and several liability for payment of fees.
- Scholarships are awarded on the understanding the student reflects the school’s values and to the best of their ability maintains high standards across their studies and engagement in school activities.
Please note: as part of your application submission, you will also need to submit a Financial Statement (click to download).